Monday, June 22, 2015

The mapmakers children

I was pleasantly surprised with this book. I wasn't sure what to expect (being that this is the first Ive heard this author). I loved the paralled story lines of old times and modern as well as the historic reference to such an important time in American history. Learning about the secret maps and works of the UGRR was fascinating. I loved the story of redemption in Edens marriage....I only wish there had been the smallest glimmer of hope in the infertility department before the book ended (aside from her learning to be ok with where things stood). I also loved Sarah's story!... But was again wishing for more as far as the relationship between her and Freddie. The risks both women took (Sarah serving and working with the UGRR and always putting others needs above her own ......and Eden plunging into new relationships in her new town as well as changing the current state of her marriage) were very inspiring! I definitely recommend this book.... I looked forward to reading it each day .....until I ran out of pages. I received this book from the publisher isn exchange for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment